Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Girl Is Still Friends With Her Ex



The woman i'm currently with maintains a very close friendship with her ex-boyfriend. I'm trying to maintain a very open mind about the situation, but it bothers me a lot because of how much time they spend together.
They do a lot of things together like going to the movies, as well as dinner dates with each other. She says that it's completely innocent, and even though i've complained about it to her she says that she refuses to let go of a friend for a man, because it's not fair to her.
I don't want to let her go, because I do love her, but I feel if she loves me the way she says she does she should be willing to end this friendship with her ex.
I just wanna know what your opinion of a situation like this is and how you would deal with it.



SpeekDaTroof: In  my opinion it depends on several factors...How deep there relationship was when they were dating, and how much time they spend together.



In my opinion if your friendship with an ex is putting a strain on your current relationship and you claim to love the person you're with, you're suppose to let the ex go.


If I were involved with a woman who maintained a close friendship with her ex, I would want her to end it as well, unless she had to maintain contact with him. For example, if they had a child together I would know and have to accept that some level of contact between them is inevitable.


Now if they have no common bond such as a child and she still refused to the point of being willing to end the relationship over maintaining this relationship with her ex, I would seriously consider ending things for 2 reasons...


For one she's not considerate of how much that situation bothers you, and in my opinion your mate should be one of, if not your best friend, period...Secondly, if she's so bent on keeping this guy around to the point where she's willing to lose you in the process, it just shows she values him being in her life more than you, which is a HUGE red flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment