Thursday, August 16, 2012

SpeekDaTroof: Is Being Gay A Conscious Choice Or Are You Born That Way?


Let me start off by saying that I don't necessarily agree with a homosexual lifestyle, but I also know a huge part of the reason is because i'm not a homosexual.

I know people who will say that being gay is a conscious choice, and you'll go to hell for it, and this, that and the other...In my honest opinion I don't believe that it's a conscious choice that people make.

If you really sit back and think about your own likes and dislikes, as well as the things you're attracted to...You didn't make a conscious decision to like these things or be attracted to certain people, it just came naturally without any thought process.

There's no way that a person can control what they naturally like or don't like. The only control we have is whether we act on those likes or dislikes, but it still doesn't change what's in your heart.

I find it very difficult to believe that a heterosexual person is going to sit up and just say, "I wanna be gay", because if you don't like something, you can't force yourself to like it, no matter how hard you try to.

Even though I personally don't agree with the lifestyle, I feel everyone has the same right to be with someone that makes them truly happy and feel loved, whether they're gay, straight or whatever...You can never tell a person to go against what they are naturally or what's truly in their heart.

That's just my take on the issue, but I wanna know other people's opinions...Is being guy a conscious decision or are people just born that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment