Saturday, February 2, 2013

Teacher Charged With Having Sex With 7 Students During Past Year

 DaNita Wilson, a 32-year-old math teacher at Charlton County High School, was jailed Tuesday after she allegedly had sex with at least 7 students over the past year.

According to the Georgia Bureau of Investigations, detectives began pursuing the case on Monday after school administrators received a tip about the alleged sexual affairs and notified authorities.

Investigators say Wilson engaged in sexual relationships with at least six 16-year-old male students and one 15-year-old male student. All of the victims reportedly attended Charlton High School, but it is not known how many of the students Wilson actually taught.

The investigation is still in its early stages, and authorities caution that more victims might be identified as the investigation continues.

Wilson, who is married with two children, turned herself into authorities after she learned that she was under investigation. She has since issued a letter to the school, tendering her resignation.

In the letter, Wilson writes:

"Due to the circumstances at hand, I am writing to inform you of my resignation from my teaching position at Charlton County High School. Please know that I am very sorry for my actions and the fact that I have let so many people down.

I am truly sorry for the negative publicity that I have brought into public education once again. I apologize for my wrong doings and hope that, in time, I can be forgiven by all."

Wilson was booked into the Charlton County Jail and charged with seven counts of sexual assault on a child. She was released after posting a $35,000 bail.

No comments:

Post a Comment