Thursday, June 21, 2012

Real Hair Vs. Weave


I'm currently in a relationship. My man always compliments me on how well I take care of myself, but he wants me to start wearing my real hair. My hair isn't bad, it's past my chin, maybe slightly brushes my shoulders, but it's not thick, long, and luxurious like I would like it to be (I know i'm falling for the European standards of beauty). I haven't had a relaxer in about 7 years, so you can say i'm natural. It's pretty nappy after a wash and condition. I don't want to put another relaxer in my head, burn my scalp and possibly even cause hair breakage.
Also the humidity here is crazy, so I can flat iron my hair and it will puff up when I go outside. Plus I like to exercise, so I would probably burn my hair by flat ironing it everyday.
So mu question is primarily for the males...What makes men despise weave so much? What is making him want to see my real hair? Should I give him what he wants (stop the weave)? Why should I have to sacrifice myself for a man?

Miss Weave-A-Licious...

P.S. I'm not the type of chick who worries about messing up her hair. I've even asked him to pull on it during sex, so i'm not sure why he is so against me wearing weave.



SpeekDaTroof: Some men just prefer their women to be natural. I'm like that to a degree. I don't mind weave, but I don't care too much for a lot of make up.


He may not be totally against you wearing weave, he may just want to see how you look with your natural hair. It may not be as big of a deal as you think it is. He may see it and prefer that over the weave or he may prefer you to keep wearing weave, you never know


I wanna know why you don't want him to see your real hair. What's the main reason you're so against doing it, just once. But it's your head, so really you should do what pleases you because you have to wear your hair the way you feel most comfortable with.

No comments:

Post a Comment